Oasis Heights is a senior citizens’ residential care facility and is part of the of the Oasis Group of Companies. The Heights is a secure and safe facility with 24 hour CCTV and remote gates, and it is situated in close proximity to the beach. It is to be noted that the Heights is a private facility and is therefore not financially supported by government.
The Heights prides itself in that it will be one of a few, if not the only facility within the Helderberg that is not a conventional “OLD AGE HOME” but a place that its residents can call home. The décor of the centre was design to create a home-like, welcoming and warm atmosphere. Its philosophy of a holistic care approach to the needs of elderly will ensure that its residence will be well cared for, with a strong emphasis on the Eden Alternative philosophy, which is to eradicate boredom, restore self-worth and dignity and to eliminate loneliness through the promotion and enhancement of companionship.
Residents can expect an array of services such as:
- 3 meals per day, with a snack between mealtimes
- Administration of medication and general nursing care
- Resident: caregiver ratio of 1:1
- Prevention of bedsore and care of pressure points
- Daily activities and entertainment, including outings, shopping, Tai Chi exercises etc.
- Music and art therapy
- Laundry services
- Grooming (Manicure, pedicure and hair salon services)
- Health care services, inclusive of a visiting medical doctor and physiotherapist.
- Implementation of the Eden Alternative philosopy, aimed at eliminating boredom, helplessness and loneliness.
- Home based care
PS! It is important to note that some of the services listed may carry an additional cost to the resident.